Hari ini saya turun gunung. After weeks of lazying around, postponing writing my blog, today I made it my mission to write a piece. And that’s all because of one girl, Fitri Mohan.
Today is her birthday. I have started to write her a special birthday blog post for her since 4-5 years ago. Why? Tons of reasons.
– She is far. I cannot send her a birthday gift. (and yes, the postal fee is expensive)
– She is special. I cannot find any appropriate gift that can show how special she is. (and yes, the postal fee is expensive)
– She is… Well, I have a thousand reasons why I always write a blog post for her birthday gift every year. And one of the reasons is because I love her.
Until this part, people usually think…
– We are related. We belong to the same family tree. We kinda look similar, eh?
– We are old friends. Elementary, Junior high, Senior high, university friend, perhaps?
– We are twins. Who knows?
– We have somehow met somewhere, probably in a hospital when we got sick at the same time?
The answers to those questions are no, no, nope.
We are not related, although we both are pretty by nature.
We are not friends from school. What school?
We are not twins… ehem…
We haven’t -let me repeat- have not ever met before in our life!
It was trust that brought me closer to her.
When we stayed till late at nights.
When we discussed things only friends shared.
When we wrote a story together in a blog we called ‘We can do more than drafts”.
But how can we have trust while we haven’t even met?
Yeah, right. Like you haven’t heard of virtual shop, virtual dating, virtual network before…
So, today, I’m going to say again what I’ve been saying for the past 5 years.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Nek!
Thank you for your friendship.
My best wishes always for you.
ps: I’m so sorry this year I couldn’t keep my promise to take you to every Pesta Blogger I attend.